hmm...
About Me


Name::Jiffinner
From::San Antonio, Texas, United States
When I get a new book I read the last page first. That way, if I die before I finish, I know how it comes out. That, my friend, is a dark side. -When Harry Met Sally
View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Judy Blume…Not for little kids anymore.
Time magazine's "Man of the Year" in 1938 was Adol...
more on death…please excuse my morbid mood as of l...
let's talk about death
Highlights from my road trip and Thanksgiving
help refresh my memory
One of the reasons I love my family…
psycho?
letter
reasons to be happy today...

Archives

July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
November 2006

Weekly Quote

All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring. –Chuck Palahnuik

Pics

Jiffinner Billabong Cary Sailing2 Cary Lounging

Saturday, December 17, 2005

could not post this sooner for fear of jinxing myself.


For an update on what has been going on in my life check here.

I am also going to another concert tonight:
Twisted Kissmas. I am so fucking excited I can hardly breathe. I guess I could tell you why I am so jazzed about this particular concert.

In a word…KoRn. KoRn is playing at Twisted Kissmas. OhMyGod!! OhMyGod!! OhMyGod!! OhMyGod!! OhMyGod!!HolyFuckingShit!!OhMyGod!!!!

*Clears throat*

Ok, Now that I’m finished freaking out and have brought my maturity level back to normal, I will explain…KoRn has been my favorite band for years. (Just ask Kate or The Bear, they can attest to this.) I discovered KoRn my Sophomore year in high school, much to my parents horror. (They are still trying to figure out what the fuck happened to their New Kids On The Block Loving Daughter.) It’s all been down hill from there. You see, much like anti-depressants have the opposite effect on me and actually make me more depressed*; KoRn’s music should, by all rights, make you want to kill yourself but, in fact, it actually makes me happy. Listening to KoRn, you realize one of two things, depending on your mood…

1. I’m not alone, there really are people out there who have gone through or are going through the same troubles I have. I’ll be ok. Or…
2. Jee-zus, what the fuck am I complaining about? My life is perfect compared to some. It’s stupid and selfish and petty to bitch about my life not being perfect when it could be so much worse. I’ll be ok.

Normally number 2 for me. On a lighter note, another reason I listen to Korn…In my opinion…their. music. kicks. monster. ass. Anyway, Big D bought The Bear and I tickets to this concert for Christmas, so I have him to thank that I am even able to go at all. I expect this to be the best night of my life.



*Another Sophomore event involving St. John’s Wart and a happy-go-lucky-step-mother who did not get teenage broodiness. But that’s another post…

---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home