hmm...
About Me


Name::Jiffinner
From::San Antonio, Texas, United States
When I get a new book I read the last page first. That way, if I die before I finish, I know how it comes out. That, my friend, is a dark side. -When Harry Met Sally
View my complete profile

Recent Posts

something freaky
1:00am conversation-this is why I love my husband ...
fucking jiminy fucking cricket
tagged again
just so you know...
guilty pleasure
dreaming...
question-
she's gonna kill me for this
sharks!

Archives

July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
November 2006

Weekly Quote

All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring. –Chuck Palahnuik

Pics

Jiffinner Billabong Cary Sailing2 Cary Lounging

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

and the husband of the year award goes to...

My husband, great man that he is, sometimes over indulges me. Every now and then he does something that makes me realize all over again just how fucking lucky I am to have him in my life. Last night for example...

The Bear is taking this week off of work to get in some R&R. So, to his parents that means he is available to do repairs to their house for a week. Yesterday, we installed a new (and much larger, mind you) front door in their house. All day project, that. Afterwards, we came home, showered, ate dinner (which he made, by himself, while I talked on the phone with
Kate.) and then went our separate ways. He headed towards the computer and I went to the bedroom to watch the Gilmore Girls episode I had recorded earlier that evening. At 10:00pm I am halfway through Gilmore Girls when I notice a commercial for first-time-on-DVD-limited-time-only-digitally-remastered-platinum-edition Cinderella. Available in stores...wait for it...TODAY!! omg, how could I have forgotten about something as important as Cinde-fucking-rella coming out on DVD.

(warning...what follows is not made up or a figment of my imagination; this shit actually happened.)

I jumped out of bed, ran into the living room, did the happy dance and said"Get dressed, we have to go to Wal-Mart." The Bear looks at the clock and asks why we have to go to the store at 10pm. I jokingly tell him about the Cinderella situation and how it is my favorite movie (like he didn't already know!) and I have to have it. I was honestly expecting him to laugh, shake his head and tell me to pick up a copy after work tomorrow, when he says to me "ok, put your clothes on and we'll go." When I finally realized he wasn't joking, that he really was going to take me to Wal-Mart, (which btw, is 30min. away) at 10pm on a weeknight, to buy a cartoon, I also realized how lucky I am to have a man like him love me as much as he does.

And then,
Kate calls me today from her office and tells me that she is about to start crying from the comment the bear left on this post. I did cry. Ididn't have any tissues so my make-up was ruined, but I could care less, because I have the best husband in the world.


Ok, enough bragging.

---------------------------------------------

4 Comments:

Blogger Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

i disagree! I will be the greatest hubby eva to someone! LOL!!!

Gonna challenge that title! LOL!

October 06, 2005 2:44 PM  
Blogger Jiffinner said...

RHSP- I don’t know about that, he’s pretty stiff competition. (no pun intended) *giggle*

October 06, 2005 2:57 PM  
Blogger katehopeeden said...

That comment SOOOO did make me cry. Your husband rocks and I know it and you know it and now the whole goddamned blogosphere knows it.
Watch out for his ego now :P
~K

October 07, 2005 1:27 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I love it! He sounds like a "keeper"!

October 11, 2005 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home