Quote Game
Last week Kate posted a quote from a movie and asked if anyone was able to guess what movie it was from. Somehow, we ended up turning that one quote into a game in the comments. People started quoting their favorite lines from different movies and letting others guess the name of the movie. Kate and I decided to see if we could keep the game going and since Kate already does Acro on Wednesdays, I’ll use my blog for the quote game (Seriously, somebody help me think of a good name for it.) and we can play on Fridays.
So, I will start with the first quote and if you don’t know it, no big deal; you can still go ahead and put up your own quote and I will try to keep tabs on everything. The quotes don’t have to be obvious ( I.E. - “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.) but try not to be too obscure. (In other words, no foreign films with subtitles, please.) Oh, yeah…and NO GOOGLING!
Ready? Ok, here’s the first quote:
“Dear Mr. Vernon: We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. What we did was wrong, but we think you're crazy to make us write an essay, telling you who we think we are. What do you care? You see us as you want to see us, in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. You see us as: a brain, an athlete, a basket case, princess, and a criminal. Correct? That's the way we saw each other at 7 o'clock this morning. We were brainwashed.”
So, I will start with the first quote and if you don’t know it, no big deal; you can still go ahead and put up your own quote and I will try to keep tabs on everything. The quotes don’t have to be obvious ( I.E. - “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.) but try not to be too obscure. (In other words, no foreign films with subtitles, please.) Oh, yeah…and NO GOOGLING!
Ready? Ok, here’s the first quote:
“Dear Mr. Vernon: We accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. What we did was wrong, but we think you're crazy to make us write an essay, telling you who we think we are. What do you care? You see us as you want to see us, in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. You see us as: a brain, an athlete, a basket case, princess, and a criminal. Correct? That's the way we saw each other at 7 o'clock this morning. We were brainwashed.”
---------------------------------------------






12 Comments:
I fuckin' win!!!!It's THE BREAKFAST CLUB!!!!!! With Emilio Esteves, Charlie Sheen, Molly Ringwald,Ally Sheedy,Judd Nelson & Anthony Micheal Hall!! Man I loved that movie. I think '80's music SUCKED but the movies were awesome!!!
I just did a post the other day on my blog about Ferris Buellers day Off...it was 20 years ago that movie came out!!!!
Here is one of my faves:
"Electricity! Constitution! Philadelphia!
Fish! Pony! Hip, Hip Hop, Hip Hop anonymous?
Damn you! You gave him the easy ones."
Ok, a couple a lines from another of my most favorite movies.
Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it.
Borrow? Boy, are we in debt.
Spider, snakes and a lizard head.
If I tattletale, I'll die till I'm dead.
~K
Ok, I honestly don’t know either of those. Kate’s sounds kinda familiar but I’m not sure. Will keep thinking about it…
Here is another one…
“Not to get to personal, but a white man standing in the middle of Harlem, wearing a sign that says, "I hate n****rs," has either got some serious personal issues or not all his dogs are barking.”
BREAKFAST CLUB. Classic 80's!
I'll let you off the hook Jiffiner.
It's the line from Big Daddy with Adam Sandler. It was a line from Rob Schnieders character.
"Corner of Bumfuck and You Sure Got a Purty Mouth"
Love it! Without A Paddle!
I say Breaky Club... love the movie.
Ok, a couple more from the same movie:
*this is said to God*
So what now, huh? What do you want from me? Yeah, I could do it. We both know you wouldn't stop me. So answer me please. Tell me what you're doing. Okay, let's look at the logic. You create man. Man suffers enormous amounts of pain. Man dies. Maybe you should have had a few more brainstorming sessions prior to creation. You rested on the seventh day. Maybe you should've spent that day on compassion.
*looks over edge of cliff*
You know what. You're not worth it.
Lesbian, airhead, ballbuster, whichever one of these disgusts you the most, take your pick. Please spread the word: I'm not here to date. I'm not here to flirt. I'm here to study.
Both from the same movie.
Come on people, the clock is ticking!
~K
Kate – That’s Patch Adams, right?
Ok...
*cracks knuckles*
Try these:
*How old are you?
**Thirteen. But I have an old soul.
*You know how it is, the beginnings? When you first fall in love and you can't eat, you can't sleep and getting a call from her, it makes your day. It's like seeing a shooting star.
**It's the best.
*Yeah, but, inevitably it goes away. It quiets down. So, this is my thing see, why get married now? Why not have two, three more of those beginning things before I, you know, settle into the big fade?
**The big fade, that's a awful way to put it.
I don't care, man. If she can cut her own food, she's fair game.
I'm finished speaking to both of you okay? You're both fucking insane. You want to know what your problem is? MTV, Playboy, and Madison fucking Avenue. Yes. Let me explain something to you, ok? Girls with big tits have big asses. Girls with little tits have little asses. That's the way it goes. God doesn't fuck around; he's a fair guy. He gave the fatties big, beautiful tits and the skinnies little tiny niddlers. It's not my rule. If you don't like it, call him.
Ok, I know that's a lot but it is a GREAT fucking movie.
No googling!
~K
That would be "Beatiful Girls"
How bout this?
"Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And a good thing never dies."
J
"The Shawshank Redemption"
And this???
"American men have been totally emasculated- they're like slaves! They die like flies from coronary thrombosis while their women sit under hairdryers eating chocolates & arranging for every 2nd Tuesday to be some sort of Mother's Day! And this infantile preoccupation with bosoms. In all time in this Godforsaken country, the one thing that has appalled me most of all this this prepostrous preoccupation with bosoms. Don't you realize they have become the dominant theme in American culture in literature, advertising and all fields of entertainment and everything. I'll wager you anything you like that if American women stopped wearing brassieres, your whole national economy would collapse overnight."
Post a Comment
<< Home