hmm...
About Me


Name::Jiffinner
From::San Antonio, Texas, United States
When I get a new book I read the last page first. That way, if I die before I finish, I know how it comes out. That, my friend, is a dark side. -When Harry Met Sally
View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Everyday things that put a smile on my face.
Quote Game
Announcement
I have absolutely nothing to post. I’m tapped out...
moral dilemma
tagged by Mackeydoodle
ugh
Having trouble finding my blog? Just search one o...
Kate tagged me again
if cleanliness is next to godliness…I’m fucked

Archives

July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
November 2006

Weekly Quote

All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring. –Chuck Palahnuik

Pics

Jiffinner Billabong Cary Sailing2 Cary Lounging

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Back in the Day

Last night I was watching F/List. For those of you who don’t know, F/List is a 30min. show on Fuse music channel. It counts down videos pertaining to a certain theme (i.e. – pierced, tatt attack, hospitalized). These videos have been voted on by fans on their website. Capeesh…?

Good…moving on…

Last night I was watching an episode of F/List that was recorded on my DVR. The theme was ‘Back in the Day’. It was all about 90’s rock. The top five picks were:

5 – Wonderwall by Oasis
4 – Tonight, Tonight by The Smashing Pumpkins
3 – Enter Sandman by Metallica
2 – Freak on a Leash by Korn


And the number one pick…


I know you know this…


Take a wild guess…



1 – Come as You Are by Nirvana


Are you surprised Nirvana was number one? Me neither.

But the point is this, not only did I know all these songs but I was able to sing along with all of them and I could name numerous other songs by each band on this list that I know by heart. Once again, this list was titled ‘Back in the Day’. Watching this made me realize that I am getting old enough that the music I listened to in high school is outdated. My 17-year-old brother might have heard of Oasis or The Smashing Pumpkins but he sure as hell couldn’t name any of their songs. He would definitely recognize Korn, but only because I made his listen to them every morning while getting ready for school my senior year. (Ed. Note: My mom is still pissed about that. She thinks it’s my fault all her children are strange when in reality she is completely off her fucking rocker and that shit has got to be hereditary. Ergo, not my fault biatch.) (Ed. Note 2: That kinda rhymes.) (Ed. Note 3: Last week I was talking with my brother and I mentioned how much I hate rhyming accidents. His response? “Shit, I guess I can’t be a rapper…or a toe-tapper…or an ass-slapper.”) Ok, now back to the subject at hand. I am sure my brother recognizes both Metallica and Nirvana but if one of their songs came on the radio, I highly doubt that he would know the name of the song, much less be able to recognize the band. And that…that makes me feel sad and old. And I’m only 23.

---------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home